Auto Airbag System Repair/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
airbag deployment ..want to repair vehicle12/11/2015Douglas Gan
  Q: had incident with deer in my 2007 infiniti g35 coup..driver side airbag deployed as well as drivers ...
  A: 1st, the insurance totalled it because the cost to fix it exceeds the value and what you can replace ...
Clock Spring6/19/2015Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2008 Chevy Cobalt, and I was replacing the rack and pinion and accidentally turned the ...
  A: Sorry about your airbag issue. Sadly, GM requires a scan tool to reset the airbag light. All cars ...
Air Bag code4/13/2015Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2008 Town and Country Van, Air bag code U0171 ,lost communication with right up front ...
  A: Your diagnosis and repair strategy is sound. Chrysler & Dodge have had a problem with front sensors ...
1999 toyota corolla airbag3/13/2015Douglas Gan
  Q: My air bag didnt deploy when a driver going 35 mph hit my right side passenger bumper. Is that ...
  A: I'm sorry about your accident, I hope you were not injured. Airbags are basically designed to ...
airbag clock spring for subaru tribeca1/31/2015Douglas Gan
  Q: I cannot get a clock spring for my Tribeca 2008 model could I use another clock spring from a ...
  A: The clockspring is a specific electrical component for a very delicate and important system, your ...
air bag code11/16/2014Douglas Gan
  Q: Hi I have a 2007 Lincoln MKZ with code b2296 -19 cm I replace front in pack sensor and look at the ...
  A: Your repair for the fault code was correct (front impact sensor fault). Now you simply need to ...
airbag light7/18/2014Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2010 Ford Ranger. The airbag light comes on periodically. No codes are apparent. I have it ...
  A: Sorry about your truck. When the airbag light illuminates, it means the system will not function in ...
Honda Insight srs module and airbags9/4/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: Hallo I have problem with my srs module on Honda insight 2010 I had accident and front airbags ...
  A: Sorry about your deployment. The only answer we offer is to repair the car according to the ...
air bag system6/8/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: i have a 1997 dodge grand caravan 3.3 liter. a tree fell on my windshield shattering it into a ...
  A: Sorry about your van. If the dashboard was damaged in front of the passenger I would be extremely ...
airbag light5/28/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa fe which just a couple days ago, the airbag light on the dash comes on ...
  A: Sorry about your troubles. Sadly, Hyundai & Kia require very specific scan tools and equipment to ...
Faulty airbag 2010 Honda insight5/17/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: I Have a 2010 insight with only 16,000 miles. I went in for my state inspection, and they said that ...
  A: Was your airbag light indicator lit before you went in for your inspection. That would have ...
SRS 4-2 B22963/31/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2003 Ford explorer sport trac, my SRS light is on. When it comes on, it flashes a sequence ...
  A: Your assessment of the problem is correct. The codes both match a problem with the front sensor. ...
airbag flash and stay on3/16/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: I have 2 vehicles with airbag light problems. The first is a 97 Toyota Avalon. The airbag light ...
  A: The question you are asking is actually quite simple. The answer however, is not. It can be ...
Air bag system modification2/27/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: A friend of mine has two children and two on the way she owns a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. She ...
  A: This one is a bit risky. I'm not comfortable describing how to bypass an airbag over the internet ...
airbaglite lfc342/4/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: the airbaglite came on a couple wks ago on start-up when it was 7below.a few days later when warmed ...
  A: Sorry about your car. You are correct. the flash code is indicating a fault in the passenger side ...
srs light1/19/2013Douglas Gan
  A: Yes, the code 42 is a specific fault code on Ford vehicles...each vehicle being unique. Here is the ...
VW polo airbag warning light1/17/2013Douglas Gan
  Q: I bought a VW polo 2001 1L in April last year.. The engine had been replaced with one from a Seat ...
  A: Sorry about your vehicle. I'm afraid I don't have good news for you... The problem is that VW uses ...
2005 ford taurus11/12/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: Without being hit my taurus passenger airbag went off. Could you tell me if you heard about this ...
  A: This situation is more common than you would care to imagine. I hope no one was injured. The ...
2010 Honda Insight - SRS Indicator11/1/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2010 Honda Insight, I had an accident and everything has been fixed; however, they forgot ...
  A: The system you are working on is a lot more complicated that they used to be. I would NOT recommend ...
Toyota Corolla neutralizing passenger seat airbag10/17/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla GLi. Could you please tell me how to turn off the airbag on the front ...
  A: I would love to be able to help you on this one, but your vehicle does not allow individual systems ...
2007 Hyundai Sonata Air Bag Light9/18/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: Good Morning Douglas, I recently purchased a used 2007 Sonata with only 25K miles. About two month ...
  A: Hyundai has often had a problem with the connections under the seats for the seat airbags, the seat ...
air bag warning light and chime7/22/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: I just purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the air bag light comes on and the chime. Will the ...
  A: Sorry about your car. On most vehicles, the airbag light should come on for @6 seconds, and then ...
2005 Ford Taurus Airbag light, horn, cruise control not working7/18/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: We have a 2005 Ford Taurus with less than 80K miles on it. When our problem first started, the ...
  A: It certainly sounds like a clockspring in both issues. That part is replaceable individually and ...
airbag signal problem7/13/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: 1998 Dodge grand caravan with cruise control 3.0 engine after replacing airbag on steering wheel. ...
  A: This one is a little strange. There is nothing in the airbag system that would create this problem ...
air bag light is on5/20/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: ford explorer sport trac 2008 4x4 xlt , the driver site air bag was deployed due to accident , i ...
  A: First, we would never recommend having the airbag computer 'reset'. That's a good way to start a ...
2006 GMC Sierra air bag fault code BO1033/30/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: Wondering where front sensor #2 is located? Also how to diagnose issue for fault BO103?
  A: You have 2 front sensors on your vehicle, located on the front cross-member. Usually, the left ...
saturn 1996 air bag3/15/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: hey doug, my name is brian. I am also an expert at this site for ford repair. hoping you can help. ...
  A: Sorry about your car. It sounds like you have done what was needed. The airbag warning light ...
2004 dodge ram 15003/14/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: my air bag light on don't turn off I check pab disable warning lam open / short to ground
  A: On most vehicles, the airbag light should come on for @6 seconds, and then go off if the system is ...
air bag light3/3/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500, i just had the wiper switch replaced ,now the air bag light on the ...
  A: Sorry about your truck. The first thing that comes to mind is that the tech may have left a wire ...
airbag light and rain2/29/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: Doug, I have a quick that I hope is fairly simple. A few months ago I left the windows of my 2010 ...
  A: Your paranoia is well placed. The passenger seat has a sensor in and under it that detects the ...
Airbag Light2/14/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: I own a 2001 Toyota Avalon. The airbag light comes on. I usually have it reset at the dealership. ...
  A: Here's a site that will explain everything you need to know about airbag systems, airbag lights and ...
disabling the airbags on V reg Ford Focus Zetac2/9/2012Douglas Gan
  Q: or, failng that, is it possible to move the seat far enough back so our small 9-year old son will be ...
  A: You do not say what year the vehicle is, but it may not matter. Beginning in about 2008, Ford uses ...
1996 sunfire airbag module reset12/4/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 1996 Sunfire and I had a collision and the air bags deployed.I have done all of the repairs ...
  A: There are specific items that are required replacement items when a deployment occurs or when an ...
Dodge Ram Airbag12/1/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Diesel 4x4 I have an intermittent airbag light. Code given was B1B04-DRIVER ...
  A: Sorry about your problem. You have replaced the most popular part that fails. At this point, you ...
flashing airbag light11/29/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: I replaced the driver seat on my 2002 ford Taurus with a seat from the junk yard.I am now getting a ...
  A: Indeed, a code 33 is a fault for a seat belt pretensioner circuit (driver side). Based on your ...
2005 kia sedona airbag light11/5/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: I have a 2005 kia sedona airbay stays on, center of steering wheel feels deflated. I have seen all ...
  A: Sorry about your car. Your last comment scares me a little. There is no way anyone should be ...
2000 jeep grand cherkee9/7/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: the air bag light keeps coming when Im driving....it will only stay on for a few secs..what do I ...
  A: Sorry about your truck. On most vehicles, the airbag light should come on for @6 seconds, and then ...
AIR BAG REPLACEMENT8/3/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: 2004 HYUNDAI XG350 AIR BAGS NEVER DEPLOYED, NEVER BEEN IN ACCIDENT. DEALER SAYS FAULTY DRIVER SIDE ...
  A: Sorry about your car. To address your question directly, the answer is 'yes'; airbags can just go ...
CR-V airbag light6/28/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: I was driving and I hit one a bump/ditch in the middle of an intersection. It didn't look like any ...
airbag light6/12/2011Douglas Gan
  Q: I hit a deer with my 2000 mercury sable the airbag light flashes then stays lit is there a way to ...
  A: Sorry about your accident. On most vehicles, the airbag light should come on for @6 seconds, and ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3   |  Next       All

Auto Airbag System Repair