Auto Airbag System Repair/airbag flash and stay on

Question
Hello,

I have 2 vehicles with airbag light problems.  The first is a 97 Toyota Avalon.  The airbag light stays on without blinking.  I also have an 93 Ford Crown Victoria and it blinks once then 4 times.  Can you walk me through resetting them and where is the location?

Thank you.

Answer
Hello Hyer:

The question you are asking is actually quite simple.  The answer however, is not.  It can be lengthy, detailed and quite complicated depending on many variables.
This cannot be done in a simple Q & A format over a forum.
There are specific items that are required replacement items when a deployment occurs or when an airbag light comes on...and there are some items that are "check only".  Each manufacturer has different codes, procedures and requirements regarding reading and resetting the light. Check out the websites below for the EXACT answers to your questions including fault code charts and reset information. This site tells you exactly what needs to be replaced and how to access them (seat belts & all) on over 5000 cars.  It's a pay site ($14.95 / day), but it's little money well spent to get the correct answers and to see exactly what you're after...it uses pictures, not text, so you can see what you’re looking for.
This is the same website insurance companies and body shops use to determine what needs to be replaced.
Since you are looking up more than one car, I would suggest the 1 day or the 3 day subscription so you can go back, time and time again during that time period.
http://www.airbagsolutions.com/
http://www.airbagsolutions.com/scanlist.aspx

Good luck
Doug

Auto Airbag System Repair

Douglas Gan