Auto Airbag System Repair/air bag code

Hi I have a 2007 Lincoln MKZ with code b2296 -19 cm I replace front in pack sensor and look at the wires going to sensor at a lost can you help Thanks Jeff

Hello Jeff:

Your repair for the fault code was correct (front impact sensor fault).  Now you simply need to connect with someone with a scan tool to clear the code.  It will not clear by itself.  If the code reappears, then the problem is in the circuit between the sensor and the control unit and may even be inside the control unit itself.  Thus begins the technical diagnosis of wire harnesses and connectors or replacing the control.

I hope this helps
Good luck

Auto Airbag System Repair

Douglas Gan

Most any question regarding an airbag system repair and or replacement

25 years as an expert in the airbag field, author of international database, full time installer, company president & COO of

AS Mechanical Tech, Technical Schools, trainer, speaker, writer, author with copyrights, patents and trademarks to my credit