Auto Electronics/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Lexus RX300 Side marker lights7/7/2012Wayne
  Q: I replaced both side marker light bulbs on my 99 RX300 and neither of them worked. After cleaning ...
  A: Do the rear marker lights work or is it just the fronts that are out? The front marker lights ...
CD player failure6/21/2012Wayne
  Q: After replacing the battery in my car, my CD player drains my battery and I get message 'no discs' ...
  A: Are you getting an E code on the display? IE E10, E12, E33? Is the Disc player making noise ...
engine light flashes6/19/2012Wayne
  Q: okay so i have a 1997 chevy dually 454 vortech engine. trucks bin running great. yesterday i put gas ...
  A: The Check engine light is primarily used to alert the operator when there is a malfunction that will ...
Power door locks inoperative on one side of car6/8/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 1989 Eagle Premier, and the power door locks on just the drivers side of the car aren't ...
  A: Dan, Wow, I have not seen an Eagle Premier in quite a while. I think our Canadian winters looked ...
3-wire H20 temp gauge7/16/2011Enrique Gonzalez
  Q: I have a 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and wanted a blue lit water temperature gauge (non-digital). I ...
  A: Most gauges (aftermarket and factory) use only one wire sending units threaded on the block, head or ...
Rear Brake lights on 1997 Ford Escort7/9/2011Enrique Gonzalez
  Q: My brake light stay on even after it's turned off and the key is removed.They also stay on even ...
  A: which fuse are you removing? if it is the 15 amp stop fuse at the instrument panel fuse block and ...
2000 dodge neon turn signals7/5/2011Enrique Gonzalez
  Q: I have a 2000 dodge neon 2.0 sohc. History is this I had been experiencing my interior lights on my ...
  A: Yeah, it is a common issue on these, the multifunction switch is a high failure rate item, so more ...
2002 Ford Taurus electrical problem7/4/2011Enrique Gonzalez
  Q: I have a 2002 Ford Taurus and lately I have been experiencing some electrical problems. A few months ...
  A: Sounds to me like a short has been created in that area, although it is still possible that a lack ...
Tachometer(RPM) wiring7/3/2011Enrique Gonzalez
  Q: Sir, I changed my Toyota KR42 (2002)gasoline EFI system van meter board to a Toyota Noah meter ...
  A: I apologize but I am unable to answer your question, I am not familiar with the vehicles involved ...
93 E-150 trouble4/4/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Hey Antonio,its kinda embarrassing, teenaged son, while starting my 93 E-150 van, turned the ...
  A: This happens a lot with "NEW DRIVERS", not to worry, as it can be fixed, and is something that once ...
wont start4/2/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: hey like a bone head i was rushing and while hooking up my battery i connected the pos to the neg, ...
  A: It sounds to me like there are a few different things going on here. Lets break them down one at a ...
P1633 Code on 2001 Lincoln Mercury3/30/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Check engine light went on and bought code reader. The code was p1633 on my 2001 Lincoln ...
  A: Ok so, this is going to be a lengthy answer, I will try to be as specific as possible, if at anytime ...
ignition switch3/29/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: truck starts ok and key/lock returns to run position but dies unless I hold the key right up against ...
  A: Jim, To me this sounds like a problem we see a lot in older vehicles. Without vehicle specifics i ...
Auxillary Driving Light Wiring3/14/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Evening Antoinio: I do a lot of back country night driving and am thinking about installing a set ...
  A: I have reviewed your vehicles wiring diagrams, (2001 Town and Country), however i am confused as to ...
Fuseable link3/4/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: i am trying to locate the fusible link between the battery and the brain on a 2000 ford ranger xlt ...
  A: A fusible link is a heavy gauge wire that goes from one electrical point to another. The colors ...
Electrical3/1/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Her interior lights will not always turn off when she turns the car off. Other times she turns off ...
  A: This type of vehicle, as with many others, has vehicle door sense switches in the door cavities. ...
wiring up led 3rd brake in spoiler2/19/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra 2.0 and have purchased an Sentra SE-R aftermarket rear spoiler which has ...
  A: It is perfectly fine to use male and female quick disconnects for your project at hand. simply run ...
Fuel Gauge After Battery Replacement2/14/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I just replaced the battery in an old '97 Olds Cutlass and notice that the fuel gauge in on the ...
  A: This is a common problem due to a poorly designed instrument cluster in the 97 and 98 Olds Cutlass ...
Indicator bulb smoked2/14/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: Problem: indicator bulb blew so replaced with 12v 21watt as per usual, but when turned on to test, ...
  A: This is a question i get asked very frequently, i recommend reading the answers i have given on ...
car dies has dead battery2/13/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 2000 nissan maxima. the electronics go out, the car starts stalling and finally quits, the ...
  A: This is a common problem, an alternator can test good, and still be bad. The problem you have is ...
Saturn Wipers2/7/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I bought my mother in law a 2003 Saturn Wagon, cant remember the model. The Wipers only work when ...
  A: First you will need to remove the shroud covering the steering column. Once this has been ...
2000 Chevy Impala1/29/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: About 2 months ago this car wouldn't start. We did the logical and bought a new battery. A couple ...
  A: For this question i would like to pass you over to my colleague Robert. He is my go to guy for ...
wont crank after cdplayer install1/27/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I got a new CD player installed into my 2003 chevy trailblazer and now it wont crank, the cd player ...
  A: The problem you are describing is one we see often when an aftermarket stereo is installed in a ...
Yellow Fog Lights1/23/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: The Ford fog factory lights sold in Australia are all clear colour. I need to investigate here ...
  A: The answer to your question can go either way, some fog lights are yellow because of a tinting ...
2005 sunfire keyless entry1/16/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: ok so my problem is this, with the keyless entry remote i can lock the doors unlock them and pop the ...
  A: This question is not in the proper category. Please repost this in the alarms forum of AllExperts, ...
rear wiper wont switch off1/16/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: ..ken
  A: This Question is going to be very long a detailed to answer. I recommend, to save you time, and to ...
Ford PATS system/alarm1/15/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I let my car battery go completely dead in my 2001 Ford Taurus SE & even when I hook up jumpers ...
  A: For this i am going to refer you to my coworker, Alarmtek. He is the go to guy for car alarms. you ...
edgar1/15/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a problem with my Lexus GS 300,1998 ye,3 liters,after replacements of battery and key battery ...
  A: This Question is categorized improperly. Please repost this question in the alarms section of ...
turn signal blows fuse1/13/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 07 toyota prerunner truck 4 way flashers work fine. Switch turn signal on pop goes fuse ...
  A: In order to assist you better please provide me with more details. What turn signal is it that ...
turn signal1/5/2011Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: drivers side turn signals flash very fast passenger side is normal, started about 3 days ago, I have ...
  A: Please Refer to your owners manual for fuses and fuse block. It sounds to me like you have a bad or ...
Toyota Sequoia Electrical Problem12/22/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 2003 Sequoia and the battery discharge light was coming on. Tested the battery and it was ...
  A: Due to the nature of your question and the fact that this is going to be a very lengthy and in depth ...
04 gmc envoy no crank12/18/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: the envoy will not crank, starter good, battery good acting like either a theft deterrent or no ...
  A: Sounds to me like your problem is most likely in your anti-theft system. So for this one im going ...
Obd 2 code12/17/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 97 chevy dually 3500 454 . Last week I was towing a trailer and ran low on gas it started ...
  A: I will be more than happy to assist you, however i require some additional information from you to ...
power locks12/13/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a 2006 chevy cobalt 4 door. I took my car in to get the interior shampooed and washed. The ...
  A: What you described to me, it does not sound like there is water in the actual door locks itself, ...
Lights:12/12/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I had the Traction & ABS Lights come on at the same time, are they on the Same circuit? Where ...
  A: Depending on the model of car, sometimes traction & ABS lights can be connected to the same circuit, ...
Mitsubishi Magna lights and indicators not working12/9/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: After many days raining, my 1996 Mitsubishi Magna has no headlights, indicators or hazards. I ...
  A: Firstly, any water in the fuse block like you have described is cause for concern. The fuse block ...
2002 mits. diamante vrx shuts down12/9/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I got this car about 2 years ago and the battery light randomly comes on. Sometimes frequently for a ...
  A: The first thing i am thinking is that there is definitely a problem with the vehicle computer. So i ...
2001 windstar bat. drain11/28/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I also have a windstar with a dead bat. in morning.It did this late last winter. I put in a new bat. ...
  A: This is a question I have answered before, and get asked very frequently. Please visit this link to ...
Autostart AS-120011/22/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I have a Cavalier, 2002, with an Autostart AS-1200. The remote was lost. Bought a new remote and ...
  A: Wilf, The Alarm You are speaking of is a DEI product. By mutual agreement with DEI, I do not offer ...
1969 F-250 electrical problems11/22/2010Antonio Ibarra Jr.
  Q: I own the above truck (240 CID straight six) and recently detailed the engine compartment as well as ...
  A: OK you have a lot going on here, I'm going to go through this step by step to correct this issue. ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3   |  Next       All

Auto Electronics