Auto Glass/1989 toyota celica rear window adjustment

Question
rear window doesn't properly align with front door window

Answer
Hello Dennis,

I don't think the rear windows on the 1989 Celica coupe are moveable so I am assuming your 1989 Celica is a convertible.  I have had only one or two chances to work on this model, so my memory of what needs to be done is very limited.  I will say that making adjustments or repairs on this window mechanism is a challenge even for someone with lots of power window experience.  I would not encourage you to attempt it yourself unless you have lots of patience and a good deal of mechanical aptitude.  Sorry to say, I don't know of any reference material that would be helpful.

Here is a link to a parts illustration that will give you some idea just how complex this window assembly is:

http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=3986756&ukey_

Ben  .... the power window guy

Auto Glass

Ben Menard