Auto Glass/Camry Power Window Problem

In manual mode my driver's side power window works, but in auto mode it won't stay up - it simply reaches the top and goes back down. The mechanics have replaced the motor and the regulator, and neither fix works. This developed a few weeks ago in my 2003 Camry. Suggetions?

Hi Tim,  

I don't have a lot of time to answer your question in detail right now.  A quick answer  is that your  window  motor has lost its "program" to know where the top and bottom of the window should be.  Try doing an  internet search for "reprogramming 2003 Camry window motor" to  see  what you find.  If you aren't happy with the results, send  me a follow up question and I  will get back to you when I can.  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard

I am interested in answering questions regarding power window problems. Most typically those inquires will involve problems with window regulators, window motors, and window switches.

I have been repairing window problems full time for over eleven years. I have repaired most all types of problems on the majority of domestic and import vehicles newer than 1988.

Better Business Bureau

The only education available in this field - the school of hard knocks!