Auto Glass/87 Chevrolet R10 pick up

1987 Chev R10 both power windows go up and doen very slowly.
Used silicon spray on the the channels, improving slightly.

Hi Jose,

The power windows in this vehicle are normally slow.  If they are at the point where they barely make it back up to the top, that is a sign that the motors need to be replaced.  Replacing the motors on this model is a difficult job.  I don't think it is a good idea to attempt it yourself unless you have had at least some experience working on power windows.

Feel free to send me a follow up question if there is anything else I can help you with.  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard

I am interested in answering questions regarding power window problems. Most typically those inquires will involve problems with window regulators, window motors, and window switches.

I have been repairing window problems full time for over eleven years. I have repaired most all types of problems on the majority of domestic and import vehicles newer than 1988.

Better Business Bureau

The only education available in this field - the school of hard knocks!