Auto Glass/2003 Expedition regulator replacement

Question
Window regulator is in need of replacement per Ford.  Told them to replace.  Got a call about hour later saying the window broke replacing the regulator. Something about where it attaches to the window was close to breaking.  Is this normal or are they trying to CYA this and make me pay.  Thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff

Answer
Hello Jeff,

They should definitely be responsible if the glass broke during the replacement of the regulator.  If they told you the glass was "close to breaking" they are lying to you.  The glass is tempered: it is either fine or it shatters into thousands of pieces

If you want to see what the regulator looks like, go to www.dormanproducts.com and type in 740-178 in the part number search box.  

Send me a follow up question if I can help in any other way.  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard