Auto Glass/2004 Town Car - rear window removal

I am changing out the window regulator and motor on the driver's side rear door. 2004 Lincoln town car not limo. I can't get the window out of the door.

Hi Dan,

I haven't made this repair recently so I don't have an exact mental picture of the situation, but I think you need to loosen the two 10MM bolts that hold the bottom of the glass run channels.  After the channels are loose, lower the glass down inside the door and remove it from the channels.  Now you should be able to lift the glass up in front of the run channels and remove it.  (Note that the opening is a little wider in front of the channels)  It is a good idea to remove the two plastic "insulators" from the holes in the glass before you attempt to remove the glass.

Send me a follow up question if I can help in any other way.

Auto Glass

Ben Menard

I am interested in answering questions regarding power window problems. Most typically those inquires will involve problems with window regulators, window motors, and window switches.

I have been repairing window problems full time for over eleven years. I have repaired most all types of problems on the majority of domestic and import vehicles newer than 1988.

Better Business Bureau

The only education available in this field - the school of hard knocks!