Auto Glass/Infiniti G37 - rear passenger window will not go up

Last night i tried to lower the front driver side window, but the window lock button was engaged. When I unlocked it, the rear passenger side window lowered (pretty sure with the motor).  Now it will not go up at all.  I do not hear any noises when I engage either the driver switch or the switch at the door.

Any clues?

Hello Burton,

I don't have a great deal of experience with this particular model, but from the information you provided it sounds like there is a shorted circuit it your master window switch.  This is causing the switch to constantly put power to the "down" side of the window motor circuit for your back door even if the button is not being activated.

You don't mention the year of your vehicle so I can't give you exact information, but my guess is that the dealer will want @ $400 + labor to replace the master switch.

Any decent mechanic should be able to diagnose the problem, power the window back up with a remote power source, and disconnection the single switch on the rear door to prevent the window from coming  down again.  Then he/you can find a used master switch for $100-$150.

Feel free to send a follow up question if you need any more help.  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard

I am interested in answering questions regarding power window problems. Most typically those inquires will involve problems with window regulators, window motors, and window switches.

I have been repairing window problems full time for over eleven years. I have repaired most all types of problems on the majority of domestic and import vehicles newer than 1988.

Better Business Bureau

The only education available in this field - the school of hard knocks!