Auto Glass/2003 Highlander rear window

Question
My Toyota 2003 Highlander rear window is down and will not close.  I took it to Ourisman Chantilly Toyota and they called this morning to tell me that "the actuator and motor are bad.  repair price $900+"  I'm gobsmacked at this price.  Can you tell me if this seems reasonable to  you?  Thanks, PAL

Answer
Hi Pal,

I seriously doubt that both the regulator and motor are bad.  

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

1.  have you had problems getting the window up prior to this episode?

2.  can you hear the motor/regulator move inside the door when you press the switch?

3.  do you have a non-dealer mechanic that services your vehicle on a regular basis?  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard