Auto Glass/2003 Highlander rear window

My Toyota 2003 Highlander rear window is down and will not close.  I took it to Ourisman Chantilly Toyota and they called this morning to tell me that "the actuator and motor are bad.  repair price $900+"  I'm gobsmacked at this price.  Can you tell me if this seems reasonable to  you?  Thanks, PAL

Hi Pal,

I seriously doubt that both the regulator and motor are bad.  

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

1.  have you had problems getting the window up prior to this episode?

2.  can you hear the motor/regulator move inside the door when you press the switch?

3.  do you have a non-dealer mechanic that services your vehicle on a regular basis?  

Auto Glass

Ben Menard

I am interested in answering questions regarding power window problems. Most typically those inquires will involve problems with window regulators, window motors, and window switches.

I have been repairing window problems full time for over eleven years. I have repaired most all types of problems on the majority of domestic and import vehicles newer than 1988.

Better Business Bureau

The only education available in this field - the school of hard knocks!