Auto Glass/moisture on inside of windshield

Question
QUESTION: I wasn't sure what category to post this question in, so please excuse me if I'm sending it to the wrong person.
I recently bought a 2005 Lincoln Town Car.  Yesterday I thoroughly cleaned the carpets with an over-the-counter spray foam carpet cleaning product.  After scrubbing with the abrasive side of a sponge, I rubbed the carpet with a terry towel.  We had rain here in the early evening, so I rolled up all the windows.  I noticed that the windows got fogged up, even though no one was in the car while it was parked.  The fog seemed to dissipate overnight, but when I went to start the car this morning, the inside of the windshield (and possibly the rear window) had actual moisture on it that I had to wipe off with a microfiber cloth.
What does that mean?  Where did the moisture come from?  The side windows did not seem to have the same problem.

ANSWER: Hi Mark!

Moisture on the inside of windshield or back glass could be a sign of a leak somewhere in the car!

Windshield or Back glass even Trunk leaks will leave the spots of moisture your describing.  

You did not say why you cleaned the carpets and you did not say the State you live in so knowing the reason for the cleaning and the temperature difference from the time you cleaned the carpet and the amount of moisture you left inside the car is a factor.

Not knowing any of the above ,

I Say leave the defroster on when driving or put a Dehumidifier in it for an hour or so and dry out the car over the next couple of days and see what happens.  If you live in NY it will rain all week so forget it until next week, If you live in California just leave all the windows open all day and close them up at nite for a couple of days and see if it does it again.

If the carpet is totally dry including the matting underneath the carpet and you still get the spots then its time to get out the garden hose and find the leak!

Mobileglasssinc.com  

QUESTION: Thanks for the quick reply to my question.

The reason why I had shampooed the carpet inside the car was that I just bought this car a few days ago and the previous owner (a woman who inherited it from her deceased parent) had not taken good care of it.  The leather seats were very dirty, as was the carpet.  The carpet was full of dirt and stains from spilled soda, etc. I had to use nearly two 22 oz cans of carpet cleaner to clean all of the car's carpeting.  Unfortunately I do not own a wet-dry vac, so I could not use one to make sure there was no residual moisture in the carpet after cleaning it.

I live in Raleigh, NC and it is fairly humid here.  Yesterday temps were in the low to mid 70s before the rain; not sure what they were afterward.

Is it possible that due to the age of the car (11 years) the rubber molding around the windshield and rear window need to be replaced?

Answer
Hi Mark ,

Yes , Rubber does crack and break down but the real problem happens when your insurance company tells you to use the guy they have and they hack the crap out of it because they have another 8 jobs to do before 4 o'clock and they got to your house at 1:30 . At least they sent you a text telling you how to identify said Hacker!

Let me know what you find!

SafeBite Sucks!

Auto Glass

DEREK =D