Auto Insurance Claims/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Motorcycle damage3/17/2017Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: The frame was broken during transport to the dealer for a oil change and my bike requires a new ...
  A: This should not be a claim against your policy at all. Your claim is against the tow truck company ...
Car stolen forensic locksmith claims my key used last3/16/2017Rob Painter, Ase, CFEI, CAFATE
  Q: I don't know if I am writing the right person, but I really need help. My 2012 Suburban was ...
  A: Unfortunately, your situation goes on every day throughout the country. Many do not experience the ...
Third Party Auto Claims Settlement: ACV or RC?3/13/2017Justin Petty
  Q: My name is Richard Dunnam and I do P&C insurance education in Puerto Rico. As you might be aware, PR ...
  A: I'll answer your questions with the understanding that I am not giving legal advice. On one hand, ...
Car3/12/2017Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: Was rear ended. Hit on the right side. I was waling a left turn into a store parking lot. I had ...
  A: Unfortunately, there is no easy answer here. The only way to determine liability is to take a ...
Total Loss Settlement3/9/2017Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: My wife was recently in a crash where another driver ran a red light and hit her SUV. The SUV was ...
  A: You are under no obligation to provide the bill of sale. It does not matter what you paid for the ...
Applying depreciation on a third party property damage auto claim3/7/2017Jane Pytel
  A: A question directed towards court proceedings and tendencies is a question for an attorney. ...
Claim value, Bulging Disc, TMJ, SettlementCentral.Com3/2/2017Doctor Settlement
  Q: I am the father of my 40 yr old daughter who had an auto accident in Sep. 2016 when she was rear ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear of such significant injuries to your beloved daughter. It is at least one ...
Claim value3/2/2017Justin Petty
  Q: My 40 year old daughter was involved in a rear end collision in Sep. 2016. She suffered neck and ...
  A: Boy oh boy, if I could just give you a value. I really wish I had a magic answer or formula for ...
Car Insurance Effectivity2/25/2017Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: Hixenbaugh - My 21-year old daughter recently purchased car insurance in her own name. Prior to ...
  A: There is no a simple answer here. If your daughter was added to your wife's policy after it was ...
Responsible for claim?2/21/2017Justin Petty
  Q: My daughter lives in Pennsylvania. Her boyfriend (Now ex and in jail) has a car in his name that he ...
  A: Simple answer is YES. The insurance follows the vehicle, not the owner, so it does not matter who ...
Some cars not insurable?2/14/2017Jane Pytel
  Q: This morning, a friend of mine told me he had banged up the front end of his Chrysler Pacifica (9 ...
  A: Your friend's comments are perplexing. Why would he have to pay $7500 to get rid of a car? As to ...
rental reimbursement2/13/2017Barrett Smith
  Q: Good day, I was involved in an accident where the other party was deemed negligent and responsible. ...
  A: First of all I am not an attorney nor any longer a licensed claims adjuster so what I state is not ...
auto insurance claim1/27/2017Barrett Smith
  Q: Someone backed into the drivers side of my car, while I was waiting to pick someone up in a parking ...
  A: I am not an attorney and as such I can't offer you legal advice but I can lend you my thoughts as a ...
Length of time to settle, subrogation, attorney fees, Dr. Settlement, J.D.11/8/2016Doctor Settlement
  Q: I was involved in an auto crash 8 months ago. The other driver was entirely at fault. After 4 months ...
  A: Many thanks for allowing me to give you my opinion. My only regret is I had left my wife’s home in ...
're:theft investigation10/29/2016Rob Painter, Ase, CFEI, CAFATE
  Q: My 2008 Escalade was stolen and it still has not been recovered. The insurance company is ...
  A: This is one of our specialties and we are extremely successful in these matters. First, you need to ...
My car insurance has gone up --10/11/2016Justin Petty
  Q: On May 1, 2011, I started a lease on on new Accord LX; the 6 mo. insurance coverage (Allstate) was ...
  A: Insurance rates can be affected by so many factors it is ridiculous. I am going to meet a friend of ...
RV Totalled10/1/2016Justin Petty
  Q: I reside in Colorado. My 3-month-old, 2016 Forest River Viking 17FQ travel trailer was severely ...
  A: John, sorry for the delayed response, I was out of internet range. Anyhow, I must say that there is ...
Car previously totaled by insurance9/23/2016Justin Petty
  Q: My car was rear-ended years ago in MN and deemed totaled by the insurance companies, and I was paid ...
  A: The rules regarding salvage titles are what will govern this case. When it is someone else's fault ...
RV water damage7/22/2016Justin Petty
  Q: I have a 10 year old StarCraft expandable camper. Last year, we noticed our floor was "squishy" in ...
  A: Debbie, Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office for a bit at court. Anyway, so accidental ...
Auto Damages Tree on Property7/22/2016Justin Petty
  Q: I have a situation where I'm the homeowner, and a third party crashed their automobile into a tree ...
  A: Glen, this is a common type of argument. Insurance companies feel like they are the authority on ...
Deductible d46/28/2016Anne
  Q: I was involved in an accident last month. The other driver was at fault and ticketed. Both of us ...
  A: You must check the policy. It is often the case that it is waived in that situation, but the correct ...
Does paying a replacement car to a totaled car by the different car insurance automatically cover the previous damages caused by a different car accident ?6/21/2016Justin Petty
  Q: My car was damaged in the car accident. The at fault car insurance wanted me to have it repaired and ...
  A: Here is how it works. . . 1st accident. . . . They owe for the damage they caused regardless of ...
DV claim for out of state accident6/18/2016Charlie Barone
  Q: My 2015 Avalon Ltd with 8700 miles was rear ended in Penn Valley, Pa on 5/21/16. It was ...
  A: Bill, You can do either one, but I prefer to perform a physical inspection of the vehicle so I can ...
Suspended registration due to insurance company negligence6/2/2016Justin Petty
  Q: While I know that my question is not related to claims, i am hoping that you can help me out. I ...
  A: With the disclaimer that this is not legal advice. . . here's the answer: No, your search for ...
Registration suspended due to insurance company negligence6/2/2016Charlie Barone
  Q: I purchased a car about three months ago. The next day I obtained insurance (full coverage). I ...
  A: Jared, While I am more of an expert in claims for autos and yours is a question regarding coverage ...
Removing an Insured driver?5/29/2016Jane Pytel
  Q: I am currently insured with Geico for my auto policy. I have been with them for almost a year now, ...
  A: This is a question for someone with insurance agency expertise, and, specifically, someone with a ...
Auto Accident4/13/2016Justin Petty
  Q: I had a rear end collision couple of months back and suffered considerable soft tissue injury as ...
  A: Hmm. . . Kris, I answered this question already, but I got notice from AllExperts that it was still ...
Auto Accident settlement4/13/2016Claims Guy
  A: The negotiation is a process. There is usually some back and forth. The insurer's first offer will ...
Underinsured motorist4/11/2016Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: We were recently in a head on crash with the other vehicle completely liable. The entire wreck ...
  A: I'm sorry this has happened to you. Here is how the medical payments will go. 1) Your MEDPAY ...
50/50 accident liability4/7/2016Doctor Settlement
  Q: I have recently been in an accident in which a driver coming across the intersection in a 90 degree ...
  A: Aloha, Natasa, I forgot to put myself out on vacation on this website, so I am writing from Maui, ...
Auto claim settlement4/6/2016Justin Petty
  Q: My husband and I were recently in a motor vehicle crash where the other driver ran a red light and ...
  A: Answer to 1: Yes, the insurance company will make an offer to settle the ENTIRE claim once you guys ...
At Fault Accident with no Payout and no other Drivers4/4/2016Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: Location: Massachusetts Insurance Company: Liberty Mutual February, 2015 After a big snow storm I ...
  A: Even though you did not have collision coverage and no money was paid out, when you reported the ...
Not Authorized/ Unknown Claim on Myself?4/4/2016Justin Petty
  A: Each insurance company has their own way of calculating how much it will cost to get insurance with ...
How to become a Certified Appraiser in Florida3/31/2016Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: I am looking to make a move to Florida in the next year. At this time I hold a Pennsylvania Motor ...
  A: You are correct, there is no license in Florida for an auto damage appraiser. There are however, ...
Claim closure3/29/2016Claims Guy
  Q: Once all medical care is completed after a motor vehicle crash,how is a claim actually closed? We ...
  A: You should call your claim representative and ask him/her to explain the process. Generally they ...
medical claims release3/28/2016Claims Guy
  Q: Good Morning, We were in a head on crash 3 weeks ago where the other driver was at fault. We are in ...
  A: (1) depends on the terms of the medical records authorization. You should read it to say what is ...
Time Frame?3/17/2016Claims Guy
  Q: I was involved in a motor vehicle crash where a driver ran a red light at 60 miles an hour and ...
  A: This is a tough situation and I empathize with your plight. Unfortunately the other insurer is ...
insurance coverage for pedestrian fatality3/14/2016Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: Good Afternoon, My children's father was hit by a car on Christmas eve. He was then run over by a ...
  A: First, let me say that I am sorry for your and your children's loss. That is a terrible thing to ...
Will these Accidents go towards me?3/12/2016Richard Hixenbaugh
  Q: I put my girlfriend on my car insurance and added her to my car, so that she can drive it if needed. ...
  A: If your gilr friend lives with you then in most cases she must be listed on your policy as a driver ...
Finance Corp Taking DV Proceeds2/21/2016Barrett Smith
  Q: I was involved in an accident June 2015 in GA. Received a check for diminished value recently, to ...
  A: Glenda, Thank you for your question. I have yet to run into this and it indeed brings up an ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty

Top Expert on this page