Auto Insurance Claims/lawsuit against auto insurance

advocate wrote at 2015-04-05 21:18:40
  I have seen this a lot as an advocate.  Most times the policy limits of the at fault party are extended and if the victim or victim's live in relatives have separate policies which are stackable, the Plaintiff may draw from the underinsured provision of coverage to gain a more applicable figure to her daamges. Your friend may also consider Bankruptcy, chapter 7 or Chapter 13.  State Farm should negotiate for the Plaintiff to accept the policy limits in exchange of a Release of All Claims against your friend.  State Farm could demand independent med exams and several other possibilities to assure that there is not some unrelated medical issue causing the Plaintiff to be unable to use his or her back.  

Auto Insurance Claims

I have extensive knowledge in Personal Auto, Homeowners Insurance and Personal Umbrella coverage. I am also thoroughly familiar with claims handeling procedures. Will answer questions related to the above.

Experience in the area: Served as an expert at from 7/2000 thru 10/2002 in the catagories of general insurance, auto and home insurance. Answered 422 questions before that site closed. Licensed in California since 1961, first in Life and Health for 2 + years and as a Property/Casualty Agent/Broker since 1964. I sold my business and took early retirement in 1998. Still maintain a valid California Property/Casualty Agent/Broker license. I have been a volunteer at since 2002. I can provide assistance in the following fields: Property and Casualty Insurance, Insurance Law, Auto Insurance Claims.

not applicable