Auto Insurance Claims/accident

Question
My car was hit and the man that hit it didnt report it to his insurance company.I reported it and the insurance adjuster basically said he had minimul coverage and i should fix my car myself because the man has up to 30days to report the accident.To make this shorter after two weeks of waiting i fixed my car with my own money.And just recieved a message from a totally different insurance company about my accident.What will this mean for me as a victim since i have fixed my car enough to make it drivable.will this hurt my chances of getting my repairs reimbursed and the body damage paid for.

Answer
Call the new insurance company and ask if they will pay for your damages.  You'll need to submit receipts showing the work completed and the amount paid.  It will be helpful if you also have pictures of the vehicle prior to repairs.    If the repairs were only partial, the insurer will want to inspect your vehicle.  

Auto Insurance Claims

Claims Guy