Auto Insurance Claims/Soft Tissue Injury

Question
Hi Richard,

Another car hit mine while I was driving.  It hit my drivers side right where my back was.  Fortunately a police officer saw the whole thing and fault is not an issue.  I did suffer severe soft tissue injuries to my back and neck.  I was under a chiropractor's care.  I continued to work and this resulted in one exacerbation of the injuries.  I also had another medical condition that caused a set back.  So I was not deemed to be at full medical improvement for 6 months.  I wrote a demand letter and started at 3x my medical bills and lost wages.  The insurance company is claiming that this is excessive and offered me a settlement that is less than my medical bills + lost wages.  I wrote a letter explaining the length of treatment and their offer is still about $1000 below my medical bills + lost wages. I am not sure where to go from here.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Kate,

The insurance company is trying to take advantage of you. Based on your statements, I would say it is time to hire an attorney. The insurance company will continue to put you off and make low ball offers. An attorney will help you get all you can get.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh