Auto Insurance Claims/whiplash injury

Question
On April 12th I was in a head on collision which I was not at fault. My car was totalled but the insurance company paid me for it right away. Initially I was very stiff and in quit a bit of pain but now I have been suffering mildly with neck pain on one side of my neck. It has been six months now and it seems like I havent gotten better over the last 2 months. My doctor says I might be as good as I can get and that I might have to live with some discomfort. If he does close my case where should I start as a monetary amount in settling with the insurance company?

Thank you
Raul Meza

Answer
Hello,

Word of warning from personal experience--be very careful on assessing a number for your injury. I would highly recommend an attorney with a bunch of doctors to back you and possibly a reconstructionist for the accident.

I saw the writing on the wall in 2000 from my 1997 crash in which I was hit from behind, parked at a redlight on the end of an expressway off ramp. I predicted I would be disabled for life, be divorced, lose my business because I could no longer do physical work.
15 years later, I can tell you I am on disability, lost my previous business costing me millions my former business millions in income and I am divorced because my ex claimed I had to quickly because of something I had no control of. Also remember, you will be responsible for all medical payments on your behalf.

I would recommend having your doctor ordering MRIs, for soft tissue damage and I can tell you from your description, you will never be 100% again. You will live with this the rest of your life.
In Wisconsins statute only allows 3 years for the case to go to court. Others are less, but from my experience, all the injuries do not show up for years after that. I have 12 herniated discs in my spine and c-3,-c-6 are inoperable because the discs are pressing against the spinal cord.

That relates to neck injuries. My spine has now fused itself into an abnormal position. The only thing I can do these days is write.

To deal directly with the insurance company in my opinion is foolish because they will low ball you. They have the best attorneys on their side. I know because I oppose these jerks on a daily basis as it relates to theft claims. They are not your friend and you need a good attorney specializing in only personal injury.

Good luck and I am truly sorry for you. I can relate to your situation more than you would know.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Auto Insurance Claims

Rob Painter, Ase, CFEI, CAFATE