Auto Insurance Claims/Auto Injury claim

Hi Justin,

I was rear ended at a stoplight in June 2012, the drivers insurance company took full liability and he received a ticket for following to closely. The insurance company physically came to my home and wrote me a check for damages to my vehicle 2 days after the accident. I have since had shoulder surgery and as of today 19 weeks of physical therapy. My medical bills are just over $35,000.00 this has greatly affected my life and quality of life. I have been off work for 12 weeks and the doctor wrote a job letter for me to be off work until January 21, 2013 or until he releases me. I currently make $50,000.00 per year. In your opinion, what damages/pain and suffering can I recover?

You have a tough one, and you make me have to assume too many things to give you an accurate assessment, but here's my best shot:

If you can prove that all of your injuries are solely due to the accident, perfectly medically necessary, charged at usual and customary rates and then also prove that your quality of life and pain and suffering are on par with a normal person making $50000.00 per year, I would expect you could get about an $85000.00 settlement, but I assume that your injury is bad and easily described and explained to laymen jurors.  If your injury is complicated, or hard to explain, the value can change.

I don't know what you do for a living, so I don't know how important your shoulder is to your capacity to earn an income, and I don't know what your hobbies are either (if you play the violin or something you may have huge damages).  I hope you understand I am giving you the best and most honest answer I can, it simply can't be quantified with the limited information I have.  Injury settlements are very personal.

I hope this helps!  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty

Challenge me! I promise that I will provide you with the most honest answer I can muster, and I will base it on nearly 20 years of complex claims experience. My strength is shooting it straight and seeing through BS. I do not bluff and I can tell when somebody is. I've handled claims in almost every State in the U.S. and adjusted claims and consulted attorneys and CEO's on recovery and special claims tactics for over a decade. I am the founder and President of Petty Details, LLC. We provide the highest quality claim services to insurance companies, attorneys and individuals all exactly in the same way, by paying attention to the details and doing the right thing.

Nearly 20 years of combined claim company management, litigation, all lines adjusting, claim auditing, damage assessment, subrogation, small claims, tort recovery, collection, skip-tracing, tactical investigations, and contribution claim recovery experience across the United States of America.

NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals) (Auto Insurance Expert) Diminished Value Appraisers Group (LinkedIn)

10 years experience in writing and developing technical claims correspondence for litigation and unique scenarios at insurance companies and as a consultant to attorneys assisting with legal briefs and research. 42 published articles relating to auto insurance and claims. Self Published e-books entitled "How Much is My Injury Worth" and "Diminished Value - How Do I Get Paid?".

School of hard knocks, 3 years college, NO DEGREE, years of real world experience running a claims service company and adjusting claims for carriers. Speaks English and Spanish, Limited Portuguese & Italian.

Platinum Author ( All Lines Adjuster (TX, 1998 - 2008) TX Public Adjuster (2009 - 2011)

State Farm Insurance, Endeavor GA, MileMeter Ins., American Recreational Markets, Gainsco Ins. Co., Safeway Ins., Home State County Mutual Insurance, Old American County Mutual Insurance, FCCI, Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual, and Pronto General Agency, LTD just to name a few! On top of insurance companies and attorneys, I have personally helped thousands of accident victims with the difficult and stressful process of navigating their claim to a successful resolution.