Auto Insurance Claims/Claim

I his a car but we do not have any information exchange or police get involve. Basically, the other party did not even come out to discuss or call the police and just left. So there is no claim for the other car I hit.
However my car was damaged and repir porbably will cost me more that $1,000 and  My deductible is $500.
It is a good idea to file the claim with insurance company and how would this affect my rate?

Hi Amy,

This would be considered an at-fault accident. It is possible that the claim would cause your rates to go up. It would be best to goto a body shop to get an estimate before you decide. Body work can be very expensive and may cost more than you suspect. If it is more than the thousand dollars, it would be better to file aclaim.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.