Auto Insurance Claims/what to expect from insurance company when your vehicle is stolen

Question
My truck was stolen the other night and the police still have not located my truck. Now I have lost my ability to get to work & I have also lost  a lot of my tools that were in the truck. Can I expect to be compensated ffor my tools as whell as my truck and how long can that take? Will I be afforded a loaner vehicle to get back & forth to work till this is all figuared out?

Answer
All of your questions rely on your policy, but I can tell you what is likely. . .

1.  Your tools are not normally covered by your auto policy (only items that are permanently attached to your truck go with the auto policy), but your homeowner's policy might cover them.  

2.  Your insurance company will not normally pay for a rental vehicle until your vehicle has been missing for 48 hours, then you may have to pay for your own rental and submit the bill for reimbursement, but at least most of the time, rental is covered while the insurance company is figuring out how much they can pay you for your truck.

3.  Normally you will get a settlement within about 10 days of your vehicle being stolen.  

If you want to discuss it further or have more questions, feel free to look me up, I pride myself of being genuinely helpful.  Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC!

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty