Auto Insurance Claims/insurance

a driver knocked our vehicle. he was at fault. he said that he will pay and we did report to the police station. however its been a week and no progress.

do i have a right to contact his insurance?

wat is the turnaround time?

what do we do in the event that it is a write off?

Hi Vanessa,

Absolutely!! Call his insurance company, jump up & down and yell real loud. Actually before you do the jump and yell thing, just check to be sure that the other driver even reported the accident to his insurance company. The police do not report to insurance companies. You need ot do that yourself if the other driver has not.

Once you contact the insurance company if you have any other questions, feel free to write me another question.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.