Auto Insurance Claims/Rejection of Car Insurance claim

Question
I have just purchased a car, which has a loan on it for total of 5 years, when I bought the vehicle I still had to pay loan for about years 6 months. This car belongs to my friend and I decided to continue the loan by paying some amount as down payment to him. Just for our records we made an agreement on a bond paper regarding the same. As there is still loan on the vehicle the actual owner remained the same. Recently the same car met with an accident & I had to claim the insurance. The insured is the same person who is the actual owner. I got all the paper work done, however I said to the Insurance company that I bought the vehicle and provided the agreement documents to them. Now they rejected the claim saying, if any sale happens in between the claim gets rejected irrespective of who is the owner of the vehicle as per RTA records. What should I do in this case. Please suggest. Please respond ASAP

Answer
I don't know what "RTA records" means. But I would think that the insurance company has to pay someone if they were collecting premiums. They normally pay whoever the car is titled to and the leinholder, if there are payments being made to a bank or lender, who would also be listed on the title. And the insurer could list several names on the check, such as your name and the owner and the insured, and let you guys decide who gets what. And if you cant work it out, then go to court and let a judge decide who gets what parts of the payment.

Ron Cercone
http://www.uclaim.com

Auto Insurance Claims

Ron Cercone