Auto Insurance Claims/accident with expired licence

Question
Hi, Justin
I involved a accident when driving my car with expired licence. it's other party's fault and he has insurance with GEICO. GEICO admit take full responsibility. and made an appointment to see their juster. and ask me bring my drive licence. I wonder if they found out I was carrying a expired license, when accident happened.  will GEICO withdraw their settlement?

BTW my car is insured, and I got my temporary drive license the next day after accident

thanks

Answer
Don't worry about it.  Whether you have a license or not has nothing to do with whether the other person was negligent.  Your lack of a license at the time of the accident does not make you at fault for the damages, it makes you in violation of a traffic regulation, and that's it.  If the police didn't give you a ticket, then you got away with no punishment for the infraction.

Just tell them you didn't have a license, GEICO can't write you a ticket, and not having a license doesn't change who was at fault.

I hope this helps!

Information is always free at Petty Details,LLC!

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty