Auto Insurance Claims/Insurance coverage question

Question
 I was driving down a street and the water was deeper than I thought. All of a sudden it stopped going. My car turned off on me. Someone pushed me out of the water. I was wondering if my insurance would cover this. My car doesn't work any more. I have collision and I have comprehensive as well. I live in California. Also there was no signs stating that the street is subject to flooding.

Answer
Hi Teresa,

Yes. Flooding is covered under the Comprehensive portion of your policy. You should call your company to report the claim. They will send out an appraiser to assess the damage. In the mean time you should have the vehicle moved to a mechanical shop preferably a dealer of the make of your car. Have them assess the damage and the cost of repairs. You can tell your insurance company what dealer you have moved the car to so they can have their appraiser go to that dealer to assess the damage and negotiate the repair cost with the shop.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh  

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh