Auto Insurance Claims/paper work sent to me for onni to take over my total loss vehicle

Omni sent me a power of attorney, bill of sale, and applicstion gor a certificate of title. They checked specific information in these documents, do thry only want me yo fill out thst info and leave the rest blank?

Thank you for your question Ms. Nguyen.

I would think that they only want you to provide the information in the "checked" areas and they intend on completing the other areas (i.e. vehicle description etc.)

Because I cannot see the document you describe it is hard for me to know what was left blank and what wasn't.

To avoid any delays in the handling, I would suggest you contact the claims rep who sent it to you or the one who handled your claim and ask them.

Note: I would be reluctant to sign a "blank" power of attorney unless it specifies that it is only applicable with regard to the transfer of ownership of the specified vehicle.
Whatever you decide, make photocopies of the signed document before you send them back and keep the copies with your records for future reference if and when needed.

I hope this has been of assistance to you!

Happy New Year to you and yours!  

Auto Insurance Claims

Barrett Smith

Auto Claim and Collision Repair issues including quality and thoroughness of repair, Diminished Value, Total Loss settlement valuation, Appraisal Clause matters, Expert Testimony, pre-purchase inspections and others. While having been a Senior Claims Adjuster, I am not licensed to practice law and cannot provide legal counsel. I will provide replies as friendly and informal advice based upon my experiences and those of our clients as possible. For more information on our offerings please visit For more informatin on our offerings please visit

I grew up working in a family owned auto body repair business my father owned and operated in Alaska and after leaving the US Air Force I started my own repair facility in Florida. I later became a senior claims adjuster for a national auto insurer and later managed two GM dealership collision centers. I started another shop which was recognized as a "Top Shop" in central Florida for over 15 years winning numerous local accolades and awards such as Business of the Year. In 2001 I developed Auto Damage Experts to provide its services nation wide and to all segments illustrating balance and equity for all ADE clients. For more information please visit

ASA (Automotive Service Association), SCRS, CCRE and others... For more information please request CV or visit

Local and national publications including but not limited to Auto Body Repair News (ABRN), Body Shop Business (BSB) and others. For more information please request CV or visit

ASE Master Certified in collision repair/refinishing including damage diagnosis and estimating. Please request CV or visit

As a quality Collision Repair facility owner, we received Top shop, Small Business of the year and other awards and accolades. Please request CV for additional information in this regard.

ADE provides services to all segments including Legal professionals, Consumers, Auto Dealers, Insurers, Governmental and judicial entities. For more information please request CV or visit