Auto Insurance Claims/vandalism claim

I went to get in my car to go to work in the morning but realized my car had been keyed all over. i contacted the police and got a police report and file the claim with my insurance company. My insurance send an adjuster and he stated in a report that my car is total lost but the insurance wrote me two letters stating that they will investigate the claim. i have talk to the investigator and cooperated fully but its been 60days and they are asking me to give them 45 more days. i requested a rental car which was refused and i dont know what to do.

Sorry for the delay,

Why would the vehicle getting keyed cause you to need a rental car?  Has your car been impounded, or something?  If it has, then there is a fraud investigation ongoing because they don't impound the victim's vandalized car.  

If your insurance company has no good reason to continue delaying payment and is just making up reasons to delay, then file a complaint with your State's department of insurance or equivalent regulatory authority and explain the issue or hire an attorney.  

Your insurance contract will govern what is required of you to invoke coverage as well as what your insurance company agrees to do.  You'll need a copy of your policy in order to get clear answers.  I suggest you contact your insurance company and ask for the claims manager until you get them on the phone, and have them explain to you why you are not getting payment.  I assume that you are just waiting on payment based on the question, but the rental car issue is confusing.  Again, no rental if your car is just keyed, you know?  I mean, did they key it so bad it won't run?  Anyway, I am happy to assist further if you need it.  Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC!  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty

Challenge me! I promise that I will provide you with the most honest answer I can muster, and I will base it on nearly 20 years of complex claims experience. My strength is shooting it straight and seeing through BS. I do not bluff and I can tell when somebody is. I've handled claims in almost every State in the U.S. and adjusted claims and consulted attorneys and CEO's on recovery and special claims tactics for over a decade. I am the founder and President of Petty Details, LLC. We provide the highest quality claim services to insurance companies, attorneys and individuals all exactly in the same way, by paying attention to the details and doing the right thing.

Nearly 20 years of combined claim company management, litigation, all lines adjusting, claim auditing, damage assessment, subrogation, small claims, tort recovery, collection, skip-tracing, tactical investigations, and contribution claim recovery experience across the United States of America.

NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals) (Auto Insurance Expert) Diminished Value Appraisers Group (LinkedIn)

10 years experience in writing and developing technical claims correspondence for litigation and unique scenarios at insurance companies and as a consultant to attorneys assisting with legal briefs and research. 42 published articles relating to auto insurance and claims. Self Published e-books entitled "How Much is My Injury Worth" and "Diminished Value - How Do I Get Paid?".

School of hard knocks, 3 years college, NO DEGREE, years of real world experience running a claims service company and adjusting claims for carriers. Speaks English and Spanish, Limited Portuguese & Italian.

Platinum Author ( All Lines Adjuster (TX, 1998 - 2008) TX Public Adjuster (2009 - 2011)

State Farm Insurance, Endeavor GA, MileMeter Ins., American Recreational Markets, Gainsco Ins. Co., Safeway Ins., Home State County Mutual Insurance, Old American County Mutual Insurance, FCCI, Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual, and Pronto General Agency, LTD just to name a few! On top of insurance companies and attorneys, I have personally helped thousands of accident victims with the difficult and stressful process of navigating their claim to a successful resolution.