Auto Insurance Claims/Claim denied because at fault driver lied

I was sideswiped by a young lady nearly 2 months ago. She was at fault. I got estimates for her insurance company to fix my damage. I submitted the claim to them. Toady, i received word that they are denying the claim because their client lied about her drivers record when purchasing insurance. What can I do. Sue the driver, sue the insurance company. Please help.

Hi Adam,

You may sue the driver. Always (they caused the damages). It is interesting that the insurance company is denying that claim on those grounds, but they could. The issue is that the insurance company does not owe you a duty. You don't have a policy with her insurance company.

Talk to a lawyer before you decide to sue!

Another alternative is to talk to your own carrier before the lawsuit is presented. You may have full coverage. They may cover you and then go after her and/or the insurance company.

Good Luck!

Auto Insurance Claims

Auto insurance claims regarding vehicle accidents, insurance coverages, auto policies, bodily injury claims, pain and suffering, injury settlements and negotiations.

I am an adjuster for injury claims and property damage claims for over 5 years (still working there). I have worked for personal injury attorneys helping consumers get a fair treatment and I am passionate to help others with their vehicle accidents.

B.A. Economics/ Political Science

I was the top settling claims adjuster at the Insurance Company that I worked for.
I am the co writer of a website dedicated to help consumers document their auto claims and navigate the complex claim process.

I work with injury lawyers working on high dollar settlements and jury awards for pain and suffering see: Spokane Law Office.