Auto Insurance Claims/Death in a truck on the job

My brother died on the job 12/21/2012 in Texas. He was the driver. It was a one vehicle accident. I have a call from workers comp but I am wondering about the insutance on the truck through the company. He was an hourly employee not a contractor. What can we expect and what should we do to start the process. Thank you in advance for your advise and help on this matter.

Hello Kelly,

My sincere sympathies for your loss.

Quite frankly, you are asking me legal questions rather than insurance questions.  The short answer is, that depending on the laws of Texas, and because I have none of the details of the accident, it is likely that both workers comp and the company insurance policy would apply.  But the issues are complicated.  You need an attorney.  I would go so far as to say that you need to retain an attorney who specializes in these matters without delay.  Let the attorney guide you on the best path to follow.

Good luck.

Jane Pytel

Auto Insurance Claims

Jane Pytel

I can answer questions related to auto accidents, auto damage, auto theft claims, or personal injury claims. I am specifically suited to answer questions concerning insurance investigations and the effects of those investigations such as claim delays, claim denials, examinations under oath, or the special investigations unit. I can answer most any question that relates to proper claims investigations, or claims handling procedures and processes. I have authored several ebooks which provide claim guidance for consumers. Those books are available on Amazon Kindle: Power To Profit - will provide you with the knowledge you need to overcome the patterned obstacles that insurance companies will use to delay, devalue, or deny your valid insurance claim. The No Nonsense Guide to Accident Settlement - Teaches you how to manage your claim, how to identify the precise tactics likely to be used against you, and how you must respond.

12 years of experience with 3 major insurance companies. I hold an all lines adjusters license in Florida. I am well versed in claims handling, claims investigations, and industry standards related to both. The bulk of my experience stems from my 10 years as a police officer / detective. Building on that investigative experience, I became an SIU (Special Investigations Unit) Investigator. Accordingly, my unique expertise lies in the investigation of claims. What is necessary and related, what is not necessary and related? What constitutes a fair claims investigation? What recourse is available for consumers who suspect they are experiencing unfair claims delays? During the course of my experience, I became a certified trainer, instructing adjusters and investigators proper techniques for claims investigation and claims handling.

B.A., Communications, University of Miami 350 credit hours of intense investigative training, Miami Dade Police 80 hours of investigative training, various Federal Agencies, Miami, Fl Intensive Accident Reconstruction and Pedestrian Injury Analysis, NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Agency, Oklahoma City, OK 2 weeks Auto Damage Appraisal, Winston Salem, NC Legal Principles Claim Specialist, AEI