Auto Insurance Claims/Denied claim

My auto insurance with infinity denied my claim because they had found out that my brother that got into accident was residing with me. Is there any change I could make them pay the property damage?

Hello Bea,

I don't have all your details, however I am going to assume that when you completed your application for insurance you did not disclose your brother who was residing with you.  This affects your insurance company from properly evaluating the risk. Simply stated, risk is the major deciding factor in determining if you will be accepted, and at what rates.  If you fail to disclose pertinent information when you apply, then not only will your claim(s) be denied, but you are also likely to have your policy revoked, with a return of premiums paid.

Failure to disclose pertinent data, and/or misstating facts is called misrepresentation.  That said, no, there is no chance they will pay for the property damage.

If you did not misstate on the original application, you might have a case.  It depends on the language of your policy.  In that case, you would be advised to seek a legal opinion.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jane Pytel

Auto Insurance Claims

Jane Pytel

I can answer questions related to auto accidents, auto damage, auto theft claims, or personal injury claims. I am specifically suited to answer questions concerning insurance investigations and the effects of those investigations such as claim delays, claim denials, examinations under oath, or the special investigations unit. I can answer most any question that relates to proper claims investigations, or claims handling procedures and processes. I have authored several ebooks which provide claim guidance for consumers. Those books are available on Amazon Kindle: Power To Profit - will provide you with the knowledge you need to overcome the patterned obstacles that insurance companies will use to delay, devalue, or deny your valid insurance claim. The No Nonsense Guide to Accident Settlement - Teaches you how to manage your claim, how to identify the precise tactics likely to be used against you, and how you must respond.

12 years of experience with 3 major insurance companies. I hold an all lines adjusters license in Florida. I am well versed in claims handling, claims investigations, and industry standards related to both. The bulk of my experience stems from my 10 years as a police officer / detective. Building on that investigative experience, I became an SIU (Special Investigations Unit) Investigator. Accordingly, my unique expertise lies in the investigation of claims. What is necessary and related, what is not necessary and related? What constitutes a fair claims investigation? What recourse is available for consumers who suspect they are experiencing unfair claims delays? During the course of my experience, I became a certified trainer, instructing adjusters and investigators proper techniques for claims investigation and claims handling.

B.A., Communications, University of Miami 350 credit hours of intense investigative training, Miami Dade Police 80 hours of investigative training, various Federal Agencies, Miami, Fl Intensive Accident Reconstruction and Pedestrian Injury Analysis, NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Agency, Oklahoma City, OK 2 weeks Auto Damage Appraisal, Winston Salem, NC Legal Principles Claim Specialist, AEI