Auto Insurance Claims/Holding money from claim

Question
I have a claim with an insurance comapny from June 2013 that they held $1000 until they received the title to the wrecked vehicle. The lein holder sent them the title but they still have not sent me the final payment. What can I do?

Answer
Send them a letter demanding the outstanding funds with written proof of the lien holder's sending of the title and satisfaction of any debt on your part. Copy your state's insurance department and also file a complaint with them as well. Send your letter certified with a return receipt. That ought to get some action.

Auto Insurance Claims

Charlie Barone