You are here:

Auto Insurance Claims/Holding money from claim


I have a claim with an insurance comapny from June 2013 that they held $1000 until they received the title to the wrecked vehicle. The lein holder sent them the title but they still have not sent me the final payment. What can I do?

Send them a letter demanding the outstanding funds with written proof of the lien holder's sending of the title and satisfaction of any debt on your part. Copy your state's insurance department and also file a complaint with them as well. Send your letter certified with a return receipt. That ought to get some action.

Auto Insurance Claims

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Charlie Barone


For questions involving auto damage claims, collision repair, forensics, industry practices, we can help. We specialize in claims for loss of resale value (Diminished Value).


I have 30 years experience in the collision repair and body reconstruction field, both hands-on and from behind the desk. I hold a Master Certification from ASE in the Body and Paint category, as well as their certification in Estimating. I have authored over 120 feature and training articles for the largest trade journal devoted to the collision repair industry, and have given expert testimony in court dozens of times. Licensed physical damage appraiser in Pennsylvania and reciprocal states.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]