Auto Insurance Claims/CA Parking Lot

While parking at a grocery store I accidently bumped another car. I did not see any damages to my car or the other therefore I proceeded parking in my space and went into the grocery store and made my purchased. Like a normal person, got in my car and left. A few weeks later I received a phone call about a hit and run involving my car. Like stated earlier, I do not have any damages and I can assume maybe there was a small damage that when I looked I did not see because of maybe the lighting. What should I do? I don't want to be charged with a hit and run as well as pay this huge amount like as if it was a huge accident because it was in a parking lot. I of course know I should be responsible for it all, but I honestly did not see any damage which is why I didn't act on it. I am in the process of getting a copy of the police report to make sure this is legit because it can be a parking lot scam.

Hello Mayra,

You received a phone call?  Obviously someone saw the entire event and they have been able to trace you. If you struck another vehicle and caused damage, yes you are responsible.  And even damages that "cannot be seen" can be expensive to fix.  If the other person is coming after you for damages, you will either have to pay for the damages yourself, or you will need to report it to your insurance company.  Chances are, it will be the latter.  You will be responsible for damages, and possibly a rental car while the damaged vehicle is in the shop.  Clearly you are not going to be able to ignore it.

Auto Insurance Claims

Jane Pytel

I can answer questions related to auto accidents, auto damage, auto theft claims, or personal injury claims. I am specifically suited to answer questions concerning insurance investigations and the effects of those investigations such as claim delays, claim denials, examinations under oath, or the special investigations unit. I can answer most any question that relates to proper claims investigations, or claims handling procedures and processes. I have authored several ebooks which provide claim guidance for consumers. Those books are available on Amazon Kindle: Power To Profit - will provide you with the knowledge you need to overcome the patterned obstacles that insurance companies will use to delay, devalue, or deny your valid insurance claim. The No Nonsense Guide to Accident Settlement - Teaches you how to manage your claim, how to identify the precise tactics likely to be used against you, and how you must respond.

12 years of experience with 3 major insurance companies. I hold an all lines adjusters license in Florida. I am well versed in claims handling, claims investigations, and industry standards related to both. The bulk of my experience stems from my 10 years as a police officer / detective. Building on that investigative experience, I became an SIU (Special Investigations Unit) Investigator. Accordingly, my unique expertise lies in the investigation of claims. What is necessary and related, what is not necessary and related? What constitutes a fair claims investigation? What recourse is available for consumers who suspect they are experiencing unfair claims delays? During the course of my experience, I became a certified trainer, instructing adjusters and investigators proper techniques for claims investigation and claims handling.

B.A., Communications, University of Miami 350 credit hours of intense investigative training, Miami Dade Police 80 hours of investigative training, various Federal Agencies, Miami, Fl Intensive Accident Reconstruction and Pedestrian Injury Analysis, NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Agency, Oklahoma City, OK 2 weeks Auto Damage Appraisal, Winston Salem, NC Legal Principles Claim Specialist, AEI