Auto Insurance Claims/Rear end collison Mediacl claim.

Question
Respected Justin I had an accident in October 2011 I was driving on Normal here in California on the Freeway.
Suddenly the Vehicle ahead of me slowdown by the time i hit the breaks i rear ended his Vehicle(Midsize Rental Truck)My car is complete total, CHP happened to be in the area move my vehicle on the side exchange Insurance on the report,we left after the investigation he shake hand and drove his Truck, Later He file injury claim,that Back pain, i found out from my insurance they paid only $560.00 to fix his truck but he claim backpain and still going to medical treatment, My policy has $15000.00 Coverage.
Is he really compensate for $15000.00? what is the statute of Limitation in this matter? Can he personally Sue Me?
Shall i get a Lawyer? Please be advice truly appreciate.
Thanks
Sam

Answer
Sam,

So relax!  If you had insurance, you can let them take care of it.  Your insurance company is required to tell you if the other person is claiming that they have more damages than your policy can provide.  It is very rare for any minor accident to result in large injury settlements.  I'm sure this is going to be the case in your scenario.

Bottom line, make sure you get the name, address, and telephone number of the adjuster that is handling the claim (at your insurance company), and then do nothing else except call the adjuster if you get any notice of any kind about the accident. Simple enough?

I hope this helps!

Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC!

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty