Auto Insurance Claims/Totaled car with a non transfered title

Question
A recently bought a car and totalled it before transferring the title. My name and all other info has already been written on the title - I just hadn't made it to the DMV yet. The ins. needs me to send them the title. Can I send it like it is or do I need to get it transferred first?

Answer
You should ask the claim rep how they want you to handle this.  Be honest because if you lie it can void your coverage.  My guess is that they will want you to transfer the titel  first.  As long as you had insurance in force before the accident you should be covered.

Auto Insurance Claims

Claims Guy