Auto Insurance Claims/Coverage needed


I have a car in my name that will be driven by my 19yr old daughter and her 19yr old boyfriend. She recently moved from my home. What kind of coverage do I or they need to carry. We live in Ohio and I only have liability on the car. I am with Allstate Ins.They also are new drivers.

Hello Kathy,

Since they moved out of the house, they have to get their own policy. They should get full coverage. Sometimes, you have to add her to your title so she can have an insurable interest on the car and be able to obtain the policy.

If the car is in an accident and they figure out that you are not living together, they could deny the claim. Talk to your agent and explain the situation and they can tell you how to get coverage.

Thank you

Auto Insurance Claims

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Auto insurance claims regarding vehicle accidents, insurance coverages, auto policies, bodily injury claims, pain and suffering, injury settlements and negotiations.


I am an adjuster for injury claims and property damage claims for over 5 years (still working there). I have worked for personal injury attorneys helping consumers get a fair treatment and I am passionate to help others with their vehicle accidents.

B.A. Economics/ Political Science

Awards and Honors
I was the top settling claims adjuster at the Insurance Company that I worked for.
I am the co writer of a website dedicated to help consumers document their auto claims and navigate the complex claim process.

Past/Present Clients
I work with injury lawyers working on high dollar settlements and jury awards for pain and suffering see: Spokane Law Office.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]