Auto Insurance Claims/Pedestrian Accident in a Crosswalk

Question
Recently, I was sideswiped by a pickup truck rearview mirror, as I was in a pedestrian crosswalk. The truck was making a left hand turn and struck my left shoulder and the rearview mirror was torned from the truck and fell to the ground, as I crossed the street in the crosswalk. The 86 year old driver said that he did not see me. I did not call the police because he offered to take me to the ER and stayed with me 5 hours. The 86 year old driver report the accident to Allstate and they are taking full responsibility, 100%

So far I have seen a chiropractor and in the process of seeing other doctors for lower back pain & a stiff neck.

I do not plan to hire an attorney, hoping I can settle this on my own. I am 57 year old and live outside of Atlanta GA. Allstate sent me a letter to inform me that they use a computer called Colossus.  What are my chances of a fair settlement without going to court.

Answer
There is quite a bit of controversy about the computer program Allstate uses known as Colossus.  The program will deter ine the value of your claim.  Is it fair?  This is a matter of opinion.  Personally I think insurers should have people with expertise determine claim values.  Allstate thinks differently.  Until you get an offer, you won't know if it is fair.  

Once you settle, the claim will be over.  You'll be expected to sign a full and final release.  So you want to be sure before you accept an offer.  I'd be happy to review the offer when you get it.

Auto Insurance Claims

Claims Guy