Auto Insurance Claims/Accident in a commercial vehicle - insurance question.

My husband is an owner/operator of a taxi and pays a large amount of money a month for insurance.  We were in a fender bender over the weekend. My husband contacted his insurance agent and was informed someone from the claims department would call him.  Somebody called my husband later in the day saying that he was an investigator - he didn't specify who he worked for.  He did not ask my husband any questions about the accident and informed my husband that his insurance company was going bankrupt. My husband said he did think his insurance agency was going bankrupt and that the investigator should speak with my husband's agent.  If for some reason my husband's insurance company is going bankrupt, is he still insured?

Yes.  This situation can be complicated, but consumers are generally protected by what is generally called a GUARANTEE FUND, which is normally set up by the State Government to take over insurance claim payments when a company becomes insolvent.

If you need more information, I suggest you call and talk to an attorney or expert directly.  Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC.

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty

Challenge me! I promise that I will provide you with the most honest answer I can muster, and I will base it on nearly 20 years of complex claims experience. My strength is shooting it straight and seeing through BS. I do not bluff and I can tell when somebody is. I've handled claims in almost every State in the U.S. and adjusted claims and consulted attorneys and CEO's on recovery and special claims tactics for over a decade. I am the founder and President of Petty Details, LLC. We provide the highest quality claim services to insurance companies, attorneys and individuals all exactly in the same way, by paying attention to the details and doing the right thing.

Nearly 20 years of combined claim company management, litigation, all lines adjusting, claim auditing, damage assessment, subrogation, small claims, tort recovery, collection, skip-tracing, tactical investigations, and contribution claim recovery experience across the United States of America.

NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals) (Auto Insurance Expert) Diminished Value Appraisers Group (LinkedIn)

10 years experience in writing and developing technical claims correspondence for litigation and unique scenarios at insurance companies and as a consultant to attorneys assisting with legal briefs and research. 42 published articles relating to auto insurance and claims. Self Published e-books entitled "How Much is My Injury Worth" and "Diminished Value - How Do I Get Paid?".

School of hard knocks, 3 years college, NO DEGREE, years of real world experience running a claims service company and adjusting claims for carriers. Speaks English and Spanish, Limited Portuguese & Italian.

Platinum Author ( All Lines Adjuster (TX, 1998 - 2008) TX Public Adjuster (2009 - 2011)

State Farm Insurance, Endeavor GA, MileMeter Ins., American Recreational Markets, Gainsco Ins. Co., Safeway Ins., Home State County Mutual Insurance, Old American County Mutual Insurance, FCCI, Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual, and Pronto General Agency, LTD just to name a few! On top of insurance companies and attorneys, I have personally helped thousands of accident victims with the difficult and stressful process of navigating their claim to a successful resolution.