Auto Insurance Claims/car accident

Question
I had a car turn in front of me and i t-boned the side of that vehicle. They were at fault. I had a closed fracture of the sternum and two ribs, collapsed and bruised lungs. I spent 3 days in icu at the hospital and my medical bills are $21,000.00. I was wondering what an acceptable settlement would be. This happened in West Virginia. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Donald,

Based on the brief information you provided, I would say your claim shouyld be for at least $60,000. However there are many other factors that need tobe taken into consideration, such as;

1) Are you now completelty recovered?
2) Is there any permanant disability rating?
3) Will there be any future treatment required?
4) Will there be any surgery required?
5) Did you miss any work as a result of the injury or treatments
6) Did you have to pay for any outside services such as house cleaning, yard work etc

It is very difficult to determine the full value of your claim without reviewing your entire file. This is why I recommend that with any serious injury, you should always hire an attorney. An attorney will take all of the above situations into consideration and will negotiate the best possible settlement for you. You should speak to an attorney as soona s possible.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbuagh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh