Auto Insurance Claims/collision

my truck was stolen and have collision damage and the insurance company doesn't want to pay. they say in order for the collision to had happen the truck was driving, however that false. I do have collision damage are there any other alternative the collision could happen without my truck operative

Hi Denise,

I afraid that your question is not clear but I will do my best.

If your truck was stolen and recovered with damage then the insurance company must repair your truck. If it was stolen, it is obvious it was being driven. So who ever stole the truck may have had a collision. Another explanation could be that the truck was not moving and another vehicle hit your truck. Either way, if you have collision coverage, the insurance company must pay to repair the truck. If they continue to refuse to repair the truck you may need to contact your state insurance commissioners office or an attorney.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.