Auto Insurance Claims/"Diminished Value"

Question
My vehicle recently experienced hail damage($3,800.00). My insurer(Safeway) told me that "diminished value" doesn't apply for hail damage. What are my options?

Answer
Hi Brian,

The determination of the diminished value of your vehicle will be based on the extent of the damage and the method of repair. For instance, if the damage is repaired by paintless dent repair (PDR) then there will be no diminished value. If the repairs are done by traditional body shop methods then there would likely be a diminished value. The both methods are utilized there would would be a lesser amount of diminished value.

So with the little bit of information I have provided here you can determine if there may be a diminished value. To find out for sure, you should visit www.collisionclaims.com

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh