Auto Insurance Claims/comprehensive insurance

I have an estimated expense of $715 to replace the condenser on my vehicle a/c. The one I have has a hole in it, probably caused by a rock from the road surface, according to the dealer.

I have comprehensive coverage on my Geico policy. Would this expense normally be covered?  Thanks -

Hello Bill,

The final answer is found in your policy.  Go to the Comprehensive section and read the coverages.

Having said, my answer is - no.  In my experience, Comprehensive applies to instances such as theft, vandalism, contact with an animal, fire, explosion or earthquake, windstorm, falling objects, etc.  The circumstance that you have described do not fit the criteria.

What I suggest is that you refer to your policy.  If you have any questions, call the company or your agent and ask.

Good luck,

Jane Pytel

Auto Insurance Claims

Jane Pytel

I can answer questions related to auto accidents, auto damage, auto theft claims, or personal injury claims. I am specifically suited to answer questions concerning insurance investigations and the effects of those investigations such as claim delays, claim denials, examinations under oath, or the special investigations unit. I can answer most any question that relates to proper claims investigations, or claims handling procedures and processes. I have authored several ebooks which provide claim guidance for consumers. Those books are available on Amazon Kindle: Power To Profit - will provide you with the knowledge you need to overcome the patterned obstacles that insurance companies will use to delay, devalue, or deny your valid insurance claim. The No Nonsense Guide to Accident Settlement - Teaches you how to manage your claim, how to identify the precise tactics likely to be used against you, and how you must respond.

12 years of experience with 3 major insurance companies. I hold an all lines adjusters license in Florida. I am well versed in claims handling, claims investigations, and industry standards related to both. The bulk of my experience stems from my 10 years as a police officer / detective. Building on that investigative experience, I became an SIU (Special Investigations Unit) Investigator. Accordingly, my unique expertise lies in the investigation of claims. What is necessary and related, what is not necessary and related? What constitutes a fair claims investigation? What recourse is available for consumers who suspect they are experiencing unfair claims delays? During the course of my experience, I became a certified trainer, instructing adjusters and investigators proper techniques for claims investigation and claims handling.

B.A., Communications, University of Miami 350 credit hours of intense investigative training, Miami Dade Police 80 hours of investigative training, various Federal Agencies, Miami, Fl Intensive Accident Reconstruction and Pedestrian Injury Analysis, NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Agency, Oklahoma City, OK 2 weeks Auto Damage Appraisal, Winston Salem, NC Legal Principles Claim Specialist, AEI