Auto Insurance Claims/where to start

Question
I had a 2004 ford explorer. I had an intoxaloc device removed and two days after the vehicle was in route on highway.without any warnigs of engine light or running hot suddenly cuts off and start smoking and catches fire. How do I go about investigating what caused it. I only had liability insurance so I don't know what my options are can u please give me advice. I had no major  or electrical problems so I want to find out what caused the fire being that the place where I had it unistalled may be liable. Insurance company will not help...can u please help

Answer
That's a tough one.  Getting justice in a case like yours may be hard.  It is expensive to get a C&O report (cause and origin), easily $1000.  What you can do is put some pressure on the people that uninstalled the device, and you should take many photographs.  We investigate these types of things all the time, but normally we are doing it for an attorney or insurance company due to the expense.  Determining why the fire occurred is the main thing that has to occur before you can blame anybody and get them in the hot seat.  

In 2004 Explorer's there is a known defect with the vehicle's cruise control deactivation switch, so if that was the cause, you might be able to get some relief that way.  Clearly, your case is either one of product defect, or improper workmanship of the un-installer.  Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC.  Look us up if you need more information and we'll talk about it for free.  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty