Auto Insurance Claims/auto ins. coverage

I live in PA, don't have to carry uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage anymore. Is it really smart to drop that coverage completely? We travel out of state a few times a yr., if that matters.  Thanks

Hi Joanne,

It is not smart to drop uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. I have seen estimates that at any given moment 25% to 40% of all vehicles on the road do not have valid insurance coverage. Of course this varies by state. Considering you travel to other states frequently, it is a good idea to carry as much uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as you possibly can.  

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.