Auto Insurance Claims/Renters insurance taking too long

My house was robbed on 4/2013. all requested paperwork and proof of loss (on cd) was mailed by 5/14/2013 the home videos showing loss items had to be converted to .wmv format for the insurer to review, which was done to include 15 emails of same proof of loss via library by 5/22/2013. the adjuster verified receipt of items via telephone. after numerous messages to original adjuster from 6/4/2013 to 6/28/2013 I ended up with the manger who knew nothing of what I spoke of. By 7/12/2013 my claim has jumped from the original adjuster to another with no reasoning and have been told because of my many items it will take some time to review. I believe the company has dragged their feet with my case and feel the delay to reach a resolution for over 60 days is inexcusable.  I have a surgery coming up in about 2 weeks to clear up some tumors and would like to have this cleared up if possible before then. I am disabled and every request made to me by my insured company has been met with promptly. My question: is there a guideline as to when a claim should be reasonably processed?

Most states have laws that payment must be made so many days after the claim is "accepted". In practice insurers can drag out a claim as long as they notify the Department of Insurance that they are still investigating. Just make sure you dont blow the statute of limitations to sue them if necessary.

Ron Cercone

Auto Insurance Claims

Ron Cercone

How to handle automobile total loss claims. I am the president of, which sells 29 different eBooks I have written on how to maximize various types of auto, home and business claims and how to get coverage on denied claims. You may view their tables of contents online. Also available are very specialized eBooks such as on EUO (Examination Under Oath) for example. Also available is an assortment of policy forms used by the most popular insurers. The eBooks have a money back guarantee and currently include personal consultation with Ron Cercone.

I have been adjusting insurance claims since 1980. 1980 to 1995 adjusting for many insurers (6 years as an independent adjuster with my own company). Currently working as a public adjuster in California, since 1995. I'm one of the few public adjusters who has handled automobile damage and total loss claims.

CAPIA (California Association of Public Adjusters).

BA 1975 in History and Industrial Arts. Full CV at .