Auto Insurance Claims/car accident

I was in a car accident and was also injured, the other driver was at fault the police arrived and made a report, the problem is that the other driver had no licence nor car insurance and my insurance was expired but  I have a licence ,and the other diver agreed to pay for the damages but now he doesnt answer my calls and said he wasnt going to pay anymore what are my best options? I also had to pay out of my pocket for my medical bill ,and the towing company charged nr.1200$ for the tow and yard storage for a few days??

Sorry for the delay, I am not sure how I missed your question!

Jose, there is not much you can on this type of case.  The best option is to look up the owner and try and litigate against both the owner and the driver.  If you get a judgment you can cause their license (the owner, if they have one) and registration privileges to be revoked for non-compliance with the financial responsibility law for the operation of automobiles. You could also get the damages put on their credit report as a debt they have not paid to you.

I am truly sorry I cannot offer any better answer, it is unfortunate that unlicensed and uninsured motorists cause damages.  Information is always free at Petty Details, LLC.

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty

Challenge me! I promise that I will provide you with the most honest answer I can muster, and I will base it on nearly 20 years of complex claims experience. My strength is shooting it straight and seeing through BS. I do not bluff and I can tell when somebody is. I've handled claims in almost every State in the U.S. and adjusted claims and consulted attorneys and CEO's on recovery and special claims tactics for over a decade. I am the founder and President of Petty Details, LLC. We provide the highest quality claim services to insurance companies, attorneys and individuals all exactly in the same way, by paying attention to the details and doing the right thing.

Nearly 20 years of combined claim company management, litigation, all lines adjusting, claim auditing, damage assessment, subrogation, small claims, tort recovery, collection, skip-tracing, tactical investigations, and contribution claim recovery experience across the United States of America.

NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals) (Auto Insurance Expert) Diminished Value Appraisers Group (LinkedIn)

10 years experience in writing and developing technical claims correspondence for litigation and unique scenarios at insurance companies and as a consultant to attorneys assisting with legal briefs and research. 42 published articles relating to auto insurance and claims. Self Published e-books entitled "How Much is My Injury Worth" and "Diminished Value - How Do I Get Paid?".

School of hard knocks, 3 years college, NO DEGREE, years of real world experience running a claims service company and adjusting claims for carriers. Speaks English and Spanish, Limited Portuguese & Italian.

Platinum Author ( All Lines Adjuster (TX, 1998 - 2008) TX Public Adjuster (2009 - 2011)

State Farm Insurance, Endeavor GA, MileMeter Ins., American Recreational Markets, Gainsco Ins. Co., Safeway Ins., Home State County Mutual Insurance, Old American County Mutual Insurance, FCCI, Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual, and Pronto General Agency, LTD just to name a few! On top of insurance companies and attorneys, I have personally helped thousands of accident victims with the difficult and stressful process of navigating their claim to a successful resolution.