Auto Insurance Claims/Deductible

Question
Good morning.

A teenager without insurance slammed into my passenger side damaging door and part of front light. Teeneager was passing all car fast on the interstate at 70mph without using blinker and not looking to the his left side when changing lanes. My insurance is saying that a $ 200 deductible has to be paid by me and stating that 'all' insurances apply this fee across the board in the case of an 'uninsured collision' #uninsured vehicle.#

I do not feel it is fair that I should pay anything!

What suggestions/guidance do you have?

Thank you!

R,
Monica Lowe ingeri

Answer
The law in Virginia requires a $200 deductible for Uninsured Motorist Coverage, which would apply for this accident.  You can ask the teenager's parents to pay you the $200 deductible.  If there is a court hearing for the teenager's criminal citation, you could ask the judge to order this in the form of restitution.

Auto Insurance Claims

Claims Guy