Auto Insurance Claims/Car rental after accident

Question
I was recently in a accident where the other party was at fault and his Insurance accepted the liability. I am a Texas resident where the accident happened and my vehicle was an SUV. I asked for a like vehicle for a rental and was denied and told in Texas they do not have to provide a like vehicle. All they are obligated to provide is the minimum say an economy car. Is this true ?

Answer
Yes, with certain exceptions.  If you use your vehicle for work, then they owe for a comparable.  If you don't use it for work, then you are due "replacement transportation" according to case law.  Some companies will use this language to refuse to pay for comparable replacement vehicles.  

I hope this helps, even if it is not what you were hoping to hear.  

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty