Auto Insurance Claims/Loss of value claim in Indiana

I was recently side-swiped by another driver.  Clearly his fault.  We both have the same insurance carrier (Progressive). The adjuster has already notified me the claim will be handled under the policy of the other driver who admitted fault.
My vehicle is less than a year old, with less than 10,000 miles on it.  The damage is likely less than $3,000, but I know with an accident on record, my car is now worth less.  The adjuster is telling me that Indiana does not recognize loss of value claims?  What can I do?

The claims adjuster is not telling you the truth!
Our recommendation is: "Never take advice on how to collect money from those that owe it to you!"

I suggest you contact David Smith at Auto Damage Experts, Inc.through for assistance in recovery of your remaining economic loss in value.

Good luck and thank you for your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Auto Insurance Claims

Barrett Smith

Auto Claim and Collision Repair issues including quality and thoroughness of repair, Diminished Value, Total Loss settlement valuation, Appraisal Clause matters, Expert Testimony, pre-purchase inspections and others. While having been a Senior Claims Adjuster, I am not licensed to practice law and cannot provide legal counsel. I will provide replies as friendly and informal advice based upon my experiences and those of our clients as possible. For more information on our offerings please visit For more informatin on our offerings please visit

I grew up working in a family owned auto body repair business my father owned and operated in Alaska and after leaving the US Air Force I started my own repair facility in Florida. I later became a senior claims adjuster for a national auto insurer and later managed two GM dealership collision centers. I started another shop which was recognized as a "Top Shop" in central Florida for over 15 years winning numerous local accolades and awards such as Business of the Year. In 2001 I developed Auto Damage Experts to provide its services nation wide and to all segments illustrating balance and equity for all ADE clients. For more information please visit

ASA (Automotive Service Association), SCRS, CCRE and others... For more information please request CV or visit

Local and national publications including but not limited to Auto Body Repair News (ABRN), Body Shop Business (BSB) and others. For more information please request CV or visit

ASE Master Certified in collision repair/refinishing including damage diagnosis and estimating. Please request CV or visit

As a quality Collision Repair facility owner, we received Top shop, Small Business of the year and other awards and accolades. Please request CV for additional information in this regard.

ADE provides services to all segments including Legal professionals, Consumers, Auto Dealers, Insurers, Governmental and judicial entities. For more information please request CV or visit