Auto Insurance Claims/Progrssive insurance

Question
I've contacted my carrier and gotten a claim opened up, adjuster came out later in the week to inspect the damage and undoubtedly lowball me on what they will pay for repairs (Progressive).

took a number of pictures right after the storm that included shots of the actual hail I've been researching like crazy online but just curious if there are any tips and tricks to deal with these folks from anyone who's been through a hail damage claim of the sort?

Answer
Thank you for your question. I can offer some viable tips.

1. Never Take Advice on How To Collect Monies Owed to You From Those that Owe it!

Seek out a quality repairer to assist you in the assessment of what is needed to properly repair your vehicle and the cost for same. Ask the shop if they have any agreements or relationships where insurers send them work...if they do...be very cautious. Seek out a shop that works WITH insurers but WORKS FOR YOU!

2. Be aware of the insure's call for "Paintless Dent Repair" (PDR). if the damages are significant this process may leave minute cracks in the paint finish and while it may look OK after the repair, these cracks may grow and eventually cause unsightly paint defects and loss in value down the road (no pun intended) and the need for very costly repairs.

3. Find a shop who offers a "Lifetime Warranty" on their workmanship and paint products.

Good luck, I hope this has been of some assistance to you!

Auto Insurance Claims

Barrett Smith