Auto Insurance Claims/AUTO THEFT CLAIM

Question
QUESTION: My insurance company is asking for my cell phone records. Problem is my cell is company owed. I don't receive bill or information on cell. What do I do I'm stuck.

thank you

ANSWER: You do not have authority to give them the records, so that is what you tell them.  They will want to know who to ask, and you'll need to give them the name of the person or company that owns the phone.  You cannot control whether the owner will release the records or not.

I hope this clears it up.

QUESTION: CAN THEY REQUIRE TEXT MESSAGES THEY ARE ALSO REQUIRING PROOF I WAS AT HOSPITAL WITH MY MOM. I HAVE TOLD THEM OVER AND OVER, SHE WAS THE PATIENT I WASN'T AND I CAN'T REQUEST HER MEDICAL RECORDS AND VISTATION, WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SIGN IN OR OUT. I WAS AT MY MOTHERS BEDSIDE UNTIL SHE WAS RELEASED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET THEM SHE WAS IN EMERGENCY DIFFERENT PERSONNEL ATTENDED TO HER THAN WHEN ADMITTED, DIFFERENT NURSES BESIDES HER DOCTORS. THEY MAKING FEEL LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG IM GETTING READY TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. CLAIM IS GOING ON FOUR MONTHS

Answer
They can require you to "cocperate" with their investigation according to the policy in most states.  I don't think you can get the answers you need over this medium of communication, there is just too much to explain.

I used to investigate fraud for insurance companies, and frankly, so many people do not understand the law about fraud that insurance companies use scare tactics all the time to get claims to go away, just like police use them to get admissions of guilt.  

Knowing your rights is key, but not committing fraud is also helpful.  What is the problem with just providing the data they are requesting?  If you cannot provide it due to authority, then that is what you tell them.  If you can provide it, but are refusing, be ready to have your claim denied until you get an attorney.

I hope this helps.

Justin

Auto Insurance Claims

Justin Petty