Auto Insurance Claims/car insurance liability

Question
Hello:
I live in connecticut.  My question is.....if my friend buys a car but is unable to get insurance because of his driving record and I get the policy in my name and list him as a driver and then he gets into an accident which is his fault, would I be held financially responsible or would he as the driver of the car?

Answer
Hi Paul,

This will not help you or your friend. Any insurance company you go to and then put him on the policy will check his driving record. The policy will be priced for him and his driving record. So although is may seem like you are doing him a favor, you really are not. He should just go get his own policy and take the medicine for the next 3 years and not get in anymore trouble.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh