Auto Insurance Claims/car insurance liability

I live in connecticut.  My question is.....if my friend buys a car but is unable to get insurance because of his driving record and I get the policy in my name and list him as a driver and then he gets into an accident which is his fault, would I be held financially responsible or would he as the driver of the car?

Hi Paul,

This will not help you or your friend. Any insurance company you go to and then put him on the policy will check his driving record. The policy will be priced for him and his driving record. So although is may seem like you are doing him a favor, you really are not. He should just go get his own policy and take the medicine for the next 3 years and not get in anymore trouble.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto Insurance Claims

Richard Hixenbaugh

Auto insurance claims procedure, auto coverage, liability issues, auto damage questions, how to deal with the insurance company, loss of use and diminished value.

I have been involved in the insurance industry for over 25 years. I have experience in underwriting, sales, claims adjusting, auto damage estimating, auto value appraising and diminished value appraising. I have testified as an expert witness over 35 times.

Society of Certified Auto Appraisers

Completed all required courses for the Florida Property-Casualty agents license and the Florida claims adjusters license. I have attended various courses on auto damage estmating, vehicle appraising and am ASE certified in collision damage analysis.

My company has done work for consumers nationwide.